Popular Songwriting L5 and L6 (BA (Hons) in Popular Music)
I taught and was Unit Leader on the L5 and L6 Popular songwriting units of the BA (Hons) Popular Music degree.
- Topics taught: Multiculturalism and race in a British Context, Disco and Queer Studies, Hip Hop, Urbanism and Black Consciousness, Pop and Female representation: Black Feminism, Post Modernism, Intertextuality: Kanye West, Bourdieu, Baudrillard and Foucault
- I was responsible for course delivery and design.
BA (Hons) Community Practices and Arts Network
- I have also contributed to the writing, programme leadership and the quality assurance procedures for our Community Practices Foundation Year programme and our new BA (Hons) Community Practices and Arts Network degree. Both new programmes were informed and driven by my community arts research and enterprise.
- I have also taught on the previous BA (Hons) Community Arts degree.
- Nominated for the MMU Annual Rising Star Award and the MMU Teaching Awards for Outstanding Innovation in Teaching.
For all teaching documents, see here.
Golden Music Awards: (2012)
- As part of our Faculty Centenary 2012 celebrations, I organised The Golden Music Awards, which were designed to showcase the best songwriting talent from L6 Popular songwriting.
- The finalists were profiled on local radio with the winner obtaining a cash prize, inclusion on a local radio station’s play rotation and a gig at a local band venue.
For more information, see here.
Research and Degree Supervision
Please click, here.